WARGAMES 28.5 BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
The venue will be open to fans and participants 30 minutes prior to the first scheduled game time of each day of competition. DO NOT ARRIVE MORE THAN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE FIRST GAME TIME EACH DAY!!
Each team is expected to arrive a minimum of 1 hour before their game time. (Unless you are playing in the first game of the day) – COVID Update – Arrive 30 minutes prior to your game and be prepared to wait outside the facility.
The home team is responsible for providing the official book. This does NOT include free admission.
Teams will be allowed a MAX of 2 coaches per team. Coaches MUST check in prior to their first game at the site of their first game. Coaches will be required to Print and Sign for their band. Bands must be worn at all times.
Games will consist of 2 sixteen (16) minute stopped time halves for Grades 7th – 12. (6th Grade & Younger will have 14 Minute Halves.)
- Each team will be given three (3) :45 second timeouts
- Halftime will be 2 minutes
- Player Fouls – Each player will be allowed 6 fouls before disqualification from the game.
- Team Fouls – Teams will shoot Two (2) Free Throws on the 10th team foul of each half.
- On a technical foul
There will be a 1 shot and the game will resume at the previous point of interruption.
- Overtime will be 2 minutes, if a 2nd OT is needed, the first team team to score two points (in any matter) will be declared the winner.
- Tie Breakers will be done a head to head basis. If there is a 3 way tie we will use point differential up to +/- 15 points.
- Mercy Rule Conditions:
At anytime if the score reaches the deficit below the clock will be running until the score has been cut to less than 10 points. 30 Points at any point in the game
20 points under 10 minutes in the 2nd half
- Advancing the Ball: Under 1 Minute to Play – A team which uses their own timeout can advance the ball to half court with under a minute to go at any point they have possession of the ball in the backcourt.
- All other NFHS rules will be in effect. Any rule clarifications should be consulted to the event director before tip off of the current game. Any rules which are in effect during a game will be at the discretion of the officials for that particular game. There will be a 5 second closely guarded, no shot clock, and 10 second backcourt in all games.
- Elam Ending maybe used for select games at the discretion of both the Event Director and both team coaches. The event operator and tournament staff have the final say on all rulings regarding tournament rules.
- Coaches are responsible for their team and parents behavior and will be asked to handle sportsmanship issues accordingly.
- We do not offer refunds within 30 days of an event.
WARGAMES HAS A NO FIGHTING POLICY.
- The police will be contacted and encouraged to press charges against any individual who engages in fighting.
- The individuals fighting will be ejected from the gym and will not be allowed to return to the event.
- The teams involved in fighting will be forfeiting that game and it will count as a double loss. At the moment of the fight the game immediately ends.
- Any second altercation with a team will result in removal from the tournament without refund.
- The Tournament Director reserves the right to review all situations individually.